Concept Energy Solutions can ensure your full compliance with the European Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, helping you to avoid expensive non-compliance fines.
Not only do we produce both EPCs and DECs, but our experts give detailed advice on how to improve your energy ratings, unlocking important energy savings for your organisation.
Building Energy Certificates: how we can help…
- Competitive rates for producing EPCs and DECs
- Accredited to assess even Level 5 (complex) buildings
- Industry-leading rapid response to requests for certificates
- Comprehensive guidance on how to improve the energy rating of your building
More about EPCs and DECs…
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Legal requirement to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) to the occupier for buildings with a useable floor area over 500 m2 when they are built, sold, sublet, or substantially refurbished.
Display Energy Certificates (DECs)
- A DEC must not be confused with an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate). An EPC shows the potential of the building, whilst the DEC is the actual energy performance.
- Building with a useable floor area over 1000 m2 – certificate requires annual renewal.
- Buildings with a total floor area between 500 to 1000 m2 – DECs will be valid for 10 years.
- Mandatory display of DECs for all public buildings and institutions with a floor area of over 500m2 (England and Wales).
Undertaking a DEC requires the following information:
- Type of building
- Annual energy usage (electricity and gas bills).
- Total floor area
- Method to cool and heat the building
Please contact us for more information on building energy certificates.